Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vietnamese ISPs now allowing access to Facebook?

Vietnam restricts access to Facebook no longer?
Recently, about the past 1-2 months, I noticed that I could access the Facebook on my Galaxy Nexus using Viettel 3G.  This was not possible before.  Before you would just get a "404 error".  I thought, "Huh... must be a glitch or something in the system" but fortunately I can still access Facebook from my phone. So I'm guessing they lifted the restriction on Facebook.  At least I thought so.

I still couldn't access Facebook from my home internet service (we use FPT).  But about a few weeks ago I noticed that I too could access Facebook from my home internet service.  No VPN, DNS, or whatever else tweaks necessary.  So I guess we can come to the conclusion that Facebook access is available to all Vietnamese now?  What do you think?  Are you able to access Facebook without any tweaks using a Vietnamese ISP?  Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. oh, Hi Mr.Andrew, I think you should change your host file. Many months ago, I could not access facebook. But after changing host file, I can access easily.I'll tell you my experience.

    first, open hosts file follows this link with notepad.

    second,copy all IP below and paste into hosts file(just paste not overwrite)->save.
    Give a try! Wish you success