Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Street Fighter in HCMC

Street Fighter in Vietnam?
 I am a fighting game fan, have been since days of NES.  I remember playing Kung Fu, Wrestlemania and others in my early childhood days.  As Nacho put it "a nice pile-drive to the face.. or a punch to the face..." can be very satisfying (err I mean in video games).  More recently, I have been playing Street Fighter IV and the subsequent newer versions.  I consider myself a novice player, but I can hold my own.  I wanted to improve my skill so I went as far as to purchase an arcade stick, two in fact.  When it came time to move to Vietnam I brought one of my arcade sticks with me. 

But before the big trip I made a thread on Shoryuken (aka SRK, a popular fighting game forum) asking if there was a scene in Vietnam.  Based on the responses I received, unfortunately, it seems there isn't much a fighting game scene in Vietnam.  That's too bad.  I was really looking forward to meeting up with fellow players and see how I fare.

I have been playing on XBL for the most part, which is not ideal on a slow internet connection.  I did however came across a local player through XBL.  We haven't played in person but I hope that changes soon.  Also, a user on the SRK forums is traveling to Vietnam in the following days and requested a few matches.  So I'll be sure to post our encounter.  If you are reading this and would like to join us/me for a match don't hesitate to join the SRK forum and post in the Vietnam thread.  Or you could just comment on this article.

1 comment:

  1. Add my Skype: hisashi_mitsui892002

    I'm hismit from SRK :)

    ReplyDelete